Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

1 Night Cruise Halong Bay trying to narrow down the options & getting a headache from it ;-)

Posted by downundergal on 17/3/2012 at 23:35

Hi all, Researching and more researching. Looking for a 1 night cruise in Oct - not over the top expensive or top end but comfortable, clean (& pref no karaoke) have been looking at Annam & Glory - also been offered a great deal on the Cristina but again no idea. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help

#1 downundergal has been a member since 28/2/2005. Location: Australia. Posts: 15

Posted by mikethediver on 22/3/2012 at 17:49

We did a trip to Halong Bay but not a cruise.
We got the slow ferry to Cat Ba island which takes 5/6 hour & stops at a couple of attractions on the way (fish farm & caves). Had a couple of nights on Cat Ba and got the fast ferry back.

So we didn't get to sleep on the boat & not sure we missed anything there, but did see Cat Ba Island. Just another option & may be a good alternative to a 1 night cruise.

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by angelaschonberg on 23/3/2012 at 06:06

Posted from within Vietnam.

On my visit Sarah in Hanoi referred me to her travel agent friend, Lai, and she was a great resource!

There are many cruise options available even last minute. We booked our cruise the day before and had wonderful time!

#3 angelaschonberg has been a member since 11/2/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by susannna on 8/4/2012 at 05:04

We used Darian Culbert and they are very helpful and professional! Their website:
The best website about Halong Bay I've used!

#4 susannna has been a member since 6/4/2012. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.