Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay recommendations contact info

Posted by aalarcon on 1/4/2012 at 00:33

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello! Just got to Hanoi and thought finding the right boat tour to Halong Bay would be easier than it is... Silly me. I saw you recommended Saigon Cafe Tours for flash packers, but I cannot find the contact info anywhere online. Do they still exist? If so, do you have their contact info?

Thanks in advance for your help

#1 aalarcon has been a member since 8/3/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by susannna on 6/4/2012 at 08:40

Why don't you ask the hotel. They should be waiting for your booking lolz. It is too easy!
I also know a website which offers tours of Halong Bay: http://www.darianculbert.com
Heard many good reviews of this agent so you should check!

#2 susannna has been a member since 6/4/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by susannna on 8/4/2012 at 04:47

I suspect the above post, especially it comes from Vietnam so please be careful!

#3 susannna has been a member since 6/4/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by pauletta1979 on 10/4/2012 at 21:48

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can find one on TripAdvisor with good review, there are some company do the trip with easily booking online.

#4 pauletta1979 has been a member since 12/3/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by susannna on 10/4/2012 at 23:17

We contacted some operators listed on Tripadvisor but they failed to offer us good prices and explain the details of the trip until we found Darian Culbert from a post on Lonelyplanet. Very professional, quick emails and offer us very competitive price! The best operator we've ever found!

#5 susannna has been a member since 6/4/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by aalarcon on 10/4/2012 at 23:52

Thanks for the tips. I ended up using Fantasea cruises for lack of being able to find Saigon Cafe. It was ok, the food was good and we did almost all that was promised (i thought we would be rock climbing, another guy thought we would be fishing, effectively we did neither of those things) . I paid $65 while some other girls paid $89 for the exact same thing and they booked it in advance and online. So this is the kind of thing I was referring to...

Cheers and thanks again!

#6 aalarcon has been a member since 8/3/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by altmtl on 8/5/2012 at 13:49

This may interest some of you... http://www.wildjunket.com/2012/05/09/halong-bay-when-tourism-goes-wrong/

#7 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 996
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.