Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vinh Long - Mekong Delta

Posted by manna on 4/4/2007 at 03:44

Hello. I'll have two days to burn while I'm in Saigon and I'm considering a day or overnight trip to Vinh Long. If you've been there and have a story to tell I would love to hear it! How did you get there (organized or independent) and was it was worth the trip? Thanks!

#1 manna has been a member since 30/3/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by CatBa on 9/4/2007 at 22:01

Posted from within Vietnam.

Vinh Long is an easy trip to arrange.

Mai Linh has daily bus services there, in decent buses, part of the MaiLINH travel group (travel agency and transportation) has a new bus service that serves: Da Nang, Quang Ngai, Da Lat, Phan Thiet, Rach Gia, Cao Lanh, Long Xuyen, Chau Soc, Can Tho, Ca Mau, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long, Soc Trang, Vi Thanh, Bac Lieu and Ben Tre.

The service is both to and from HCMC and telephone contacts, etc. I understand will be posted within a week or two. The MAIN HCMC number is 08-929-2929 - their starting point address is, and this important to remember, 520 Le Hong Phong, P1, District / Quan 10.

The system works like this. You telephone the number (or preferably have a Vietnamese speaking person do so) and you make a reservation. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND the above ADDRESS ONE HOUR **MINIMUM** before departure to claim and pay for your reservation. Miss it and you miss out.

You will be taken from that office to consolidation points where you transfer from a 6-seat mini-bus to a larger 14-seat mini-bus. Seat spacing is 30 inches! These are 'NOT squeeze as many in as possible types', 14 seats - 14 passengers. Hand towels and a small bottle of water is included.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.