Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

One night in Ho Chi Minh

Posted by bryce_beamish on 2/5/2012 at 11:21

I have about 24 hours to kill in Ho Chi Minh. Staying at a hotel near the airport. What should I do?
Is there a particular area of town that would be worth a days wander?
Cheers,
Bryce

#1 bryce_beamish has been a member since 29/1/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 3/5/2012 at 12:09

First of all, I think you would be better off staying away from the airport - Tan San Nhat Airport is not all that far from Central HCMC. Stay in the Pham Ngu Lao area - I like the Bich Duyen Hotel. From the hotel you can walk to the rest of District 1 (Ben Thanh Market, the Saigon River area, and everywhere else). If you have a few weeks B4 your trip, I would contact Saigonhotpot for their free student tours.

(I would include email addresses, but Big Brother frowns on such behavior)

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,114

Posted by travellingsarah on 3/5/2012 at 21:43 TF writer

I agree with all that daawgon says. If you're already committed to the hotel at the airport then fine, but get yourself into D1 anyway. And have a look at the information and Saigon blog on this site for ideas of exactly what you can do.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.