Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Pre-arranged visa

Posted by willeysr on 21/5/2012 at 21:02

Are pre-arranged visa still the thing to do when flying into Hanoi ? A friend and I are flying in on June 30th and were looking into how to get our visa for Veitnam. We are Americans. Thank you for your time :). Also if you have any advise what to do in Hanoi let me know we will be there for 4 days.

#1 willeysr has been a member since 21/5/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 21/5/2012 at 21:37

You can pre-arrange your visa head of time by sending your passport off to the Vietnamese embassy, or go online and apply for a pre-approval letter. They email you the letter 2 days later, your print it off and hand it over when you arrive at the airport to get your visa.

I used http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/ without problem (and know others who have used them as well) - but there are others around.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by daawgon on 30/5/2012 at 10:07

What to do in Hanoi? - Just enjoy hanging out in the Old Quarter, and be sure to book one of the free tours with Hanoikids. Send them an email today because you need some lead time to get a reservation.

I'm not allowed to give you a contact here - just goo-gle for that info (use the G-mail address).

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by LaraHelen on 19/7/2012 at 02:30

Posted from within Vietnam.

In stead of going to Vietnam Embassy to make visa, you can apply online in Pnompenh. You only need search internet, find one website working on Vietnam visa on arrival, fill information in application form, then pay the fee. After 1 working day, you can get approval letter to get on plane. Please not that Vietnam Immigration Department do not work on Saturday and Sunday.

#4 LaraHelen has been a member since 13/7/2012. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.