Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

More than 4 weeks in Vietnam?

Posted by GhostOfTomJoad on 26/8/2012 at 07:13

Hi, i'm new to the forums but i imagine i will be posting a lot in the next few months, as I am due to go to South East Asia for 6 months at the end of October. I am going to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and then back to Thailand (and depending on how much time I have to Myanmar for a week).

Because i have a lot of time, I was thinking of spending more than 4 weeks in Vietnam, perhaps 5 or even 6 weeks, but i'm not sure about the visa situation. I know I need a visa, which I will get from Phnom Penh (I plan to get to HCMC from Phnom Penh via boat). However, if i am staying for more than 30 days, I will need to get an extension, or renew it. But i'm not sure where I can do this? I know it can be done in Hanoi , but obviously that won't work out because that is where I am flying from to Thailand and would be the end of my trip in Vietnam. Somewhere in between HCMC and Hanoi would be perfect.

Thanks for any advice.

#1 GhostOfTomJoad has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by daawgon on 26/8/2012 at 13:27

I believe this is a simple matter, just google "vietnam visa extension"

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.