Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Travel Ideas and Advice

Posted by Geer1 on 14/9/2012 at 12:31

Hi,

I am currently planning a trip through SEA and have found a bunch of good information on this site. Was just hoping people could review my rough plans so far and see if there is anything I should add, not bother with etc.

My plan is to fly into Hanoi and then travel down the coast via train, bus etc to Ho Chi Minh City and then up into Cambodia.

Some of the sights I plan on trying to see in between are Ha Long Bay, DMZ, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Da Lat, Ho Chi Minh City and then the Mekong Delta and up into Cambodia. I plan on using a full month to do this(I think this should be good as it will give a couple days or so at each location inbetween travel).

Are there overnight trains and buses between some of these city's? That might be the best way to travel as it would save travel time. Any recommended places to stay etc?

Thanks

#1 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.