Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Buying daypacks and sleepsheets in Hanoi

Posted by jfenwick on 13/5/2007 at 07:23

I was wondering if buying a silk sleepsheet is easy and cheap in Hanoi. I start my trip in Hanoi before flying to Laos and would rather not spend $60-$80 on one in Canada. Are they cheap and easy to get in Hanoi?

I also want to buy a new daypack and was wondering if I can get one cheaper in Hanoi than in Canada of decent quality. I know that a lot of major brand packs are made in Vietnam.

If so, is there a good area of Hanoi for where to buy these goods?

#1 jfenwick has been a member since 2/1/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by prairieox on 13/5/2007 at 11:22

hey there, silk sleepsheets are available in many stores in the Old Quarter (especially around St. Joseph's Cathedral). Very cheap. We bought one for something like $5 without too much haggling. Daypacks are available in the stores on the north side of Hoan Kiem Lake (again, in the Old Quarter). You can get them from street-side vendors or stores. Quality is variable, depends what you want to do with the pack. Have fun!!

#2 prairieox has been a member since 30/12/2006. Posts: 13

Posted by CatBa on 21/5/2007 at 00:06

Posted from within Vietnam.

As you might suspect when you see the prices of backpacks - many are KNOCKOFFS and lack quality.

Buyer beware.

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.