Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Day tour from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho

Posted by teyc on 1/11/2012 at 16:39

What is a good way to travel from Ho Chi Minch City to Can Tho in a single day, while taking in the sights at Cai Be plus having boat rides.

Are there tour buses that run this route?

Ideally, the bus should take care of my luggage while I go on the long boat ride before taking me to Can Tho.

I read somewhere that there were people who follow a tour or private driver to take them to Cai Be, then go on boat ride from Cai Be to Vinh Long, then the driver picks them and up and take them to Can Tho. Where do I find these people?

How much would I expect to pay for a group of 4 for this, and do I arrange this when I arrive or should this be pre-arranged?

#1 teyc has been a member since 1/11/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by MarkenHans on 1/11/2012 at 22:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

I think you should take the private tour. I did a CaiBe tour before, they left me in Caibe for boat trip then pick me at VinLong for going to Cantho, i must say that the floating market in Cantho is very interesting and much bigger than Caibe floating market. There are many companies do that tour, but i always travel - good company i have been travling with them for 3 years i live here in Viet Nam.

#2 MarkenHans has been a member since 1/11/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Jenny77 on 5/11/2012 at 00:15

MarkenHans Agree with your views.

#3 Jenny77 has been a member since 31/10/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.