Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hotels/Inns midway of Saigon and Mui Ne

Posted by rlpangahas on 18/11/2012 at 09:20

Hi! I just want to ask if you know any hotels/inns midway of Saigon and Mui Ne. Please do tell me. Thanks!

#1 rlpangahas has been a member since 8/11/2012. Posts: 7
 Send rlpangahas a private message   Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/11/2012 at 02:36 admin

If you take the scenic route you could loop down via Vung Tau but otherwise the only real pitstop is Phan Thiet, which is so close to Mui Ne you may as well go to Mui Ne -- good seafood though!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by captainbkk on 24/11/2012 at 07:03

Posted from within Vietnam.

of course there are-dozens, if not 100s. Just learn the VNese for it: khach san=HTL or nha kach=guesthse-there are also rooms for rent-cheaper, basic, but mostly only for long time. Have that old standby ready- a guidebook with language guide, as no or very limited english will be spoken. Good, maybe a bit small, but new rooms go for 8-10US$.
BUT: it makes no sense to ''break'' by train you even cannot, by bus its hourly in some 4 hrs. Do not plan to motobike it out of SGN (where I am now)-suicidalk and for the frist 100km its only suburban sprawl. Actually the food might be more of a prob by that break.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/11/2012 at 07:12 admin

Riding out of there in ten days time captainbkk... though headed south ;-)

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rlpangahas on 25/11/2012 at 02:14

Thanks for your replies. I decided to go straight from Siem Reap to Mui Ne (good luck with that) instead of staying halfway of Saigon and Mui Ne. I wanted a halfway thinking it would be easier to access both places but since there'd be lots to do (I think) in both places, it would be better to stay 2 or 3 days for each. If you have any recommendations for cheap hotels in Saigon and/or Mui Ne and activities I am all ears. smile.gif

somtam2000: I love seafood! If you know any restaurant with great seafood, please do tell. bigsmile.gif
captainbkk: What is HTL? Goodluck with the motorbike and thanks for the advice. smile.gif

#5 rlpangahas has been a member since 8/11/2012. Posts: 7
 Send rlpangahas a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.