Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Con Dao worth it?

Posted by Lost_Vagabond on 30/11/2012 at 16:27

Hi there,

I'm planning on a 3 week trip to Vietnam in April and was thinking of checking out Con Dao. I'm not sure if it would be worth the extra expense? It seems like its not been touched significantly by mass tourism (yet). I'm aware of the fact that it will be a plane trip there and also most likely elevated prices on the island. Is there actually any budget/reasonable accommodation on the island?

#1 Lost_Vagabond has been a member since 31/10/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by guidosaigon on 6/1/2013 at 14:33

Posted from within Vietnam.

There's not much there, but the beach and surrounding water is pristine. Most of the island is a nature preserve, so monkeys are running around everywhere. Con Dao resort is a decent hotel that is govt run. Many war veterans go there to pay their respects. The island is notorious for its colonial prisons, and many Vietnamese don't want to go there, due to all of the spirits of killed prisoners. It's as cheap as anywhere in VN.

#2 guidosaigon has been a member since 5/1/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.