Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

First trip to Vietnam

Posted by Meshan on 6/12/2012 at 16:29

I thought I should say hi as I've pretty much absorbed everything the site has to tell me about Vietnam so it's probably about time I posted something.

On Sunday I'm off to Vietnam after a brief stop in Malaysia.

I have to say I am a little excited. I've been to Thailand and Singapore in the past but definitely looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Just looked at my loose travel itinerary and I'll be in Hoi An/Danag around Christmas eve/day. To be honest as I wasn't in the UK I kinda forgot about Christmas. Being someone who enjoys the company of others around Christmas (Beer included) will I be able to celebrate in Hoi An/Danag. It's not an issue if I can't but everyone loves a party hat.

So here is to the next 3 week adventure.

A

#1 Meshan has been a member since 19/7/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by caseyprich on 6/12/2012 at 18:49

If you are in Danang there will probably be people gathering at the bars along the west bank along the Han River. Some popular ones are just north of Song Han Bridge.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by LolaNguyen on 16/12/2012 at 19:50 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Theres loads going on in Hoi An over Christmas - huge expat community plus the busiest time for tourists equals a hugely festive couple of days. Most people head to the 3 Dragons for the day itself they serve up a massive traditional Christmas dinner and the bar stays open late, before and now and the Dive bar are doing big things for Christmas eve and boxing day ties in nicely with the full moon lantern festival.... and its SUNNY! Which is unusual for here, so you will even be spoilt with a beach day or two. Enjoy! Christmas in Hoi An is amazing, you'll have a great time.

#3 LolaNguyen has been a member since 28/8/2012. Posts: 94
 Send LolaNguyen a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.