Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Buy or rent motorbike in Da nang / Hue / Hoi An

Posted by anselme on 7/12/2012 at 04:25

Hello,

How are you?
I'm a tourist travelling in Vietnam for the next month. My and my girlfriend are going to arrive in Da nang on sunday at noon. Our plans is to buy or rent a bike in Da Nang and go to Ho Chi Minh.
I think it will be difficult to find a agency which rent some motorbikes that we can drop in Ho Chi Minh.
So i guess the buying option is the best. But maybe you will know an adress where to look?

I saw this forum and I was wondering if you could give us any tips or adress and to ask for a motorbike.
Our budget would be 300$ maximum in case we buy a motorbike.

Thanks in advance,

Anselme

#1 anselme has been a member since 7/12/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/12/2012 at 19:00 admin

Posted from within Vietnam.

This site may be useful as they allow pick up and drop off at a number of locations. http://www.saigonscootercentre.com/forRent.asp

I'm currently motor biking in the Delta (on rental bikes) - can't recommend it highly enough!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by LolaNguyen on 16/12/2012 at 19:40 TF writer

If you are in Hoi An , the best thing to do if you want to buy a bike would be to spend a couple of days asking around at backpacker hotels (the ones on Ba Trieu St and maybe the sunflower or green fields hotels on the Cua Dai Rd) sometimes travellers leave bikes at the hotels when they can't sell them on and are leaving Vietnam via Da Nang. If you have no luck then contact Hoi An Motorbike Adventures and they will point you in the right direction. You are best to buy, if anything happens to a rental bike whilst you are on the road you will be charged top whack to replace the bike and this can be incredibly expensive, selling a bike in Saigon should be relatively easy. When you buy your bike you must get papers for it. Its coming up to Tet and there are lots of police checks, without papers you will either pay a very hefty fine or get your bike impounded.
Choose a bike that is very common and you will have no problems getting it fixed wherever you breakdown, Honda's are a good bet, Minsks are a nightmare.
Buy the best helmets you can find, make sure your lights work, it has at least one wing mirror and the horn (and brakes) work.. normal finable offences in the lead up to Tet.
Drive carefully and have a great time, you'll love it!

#3 LolaNguyen has been a member since 28/8/2012. Posts: 94

Posted by venorica on 25/12/2012 at 02:36

bike or motorbike

#4 venorica has been a member since 18/10/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by jackdd789 on 6/8/2014 at 08:20

Hello Anselme

I have a couple of sites that I check as i am looking for a motorbike as well the sites are: http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/listing/home?type=33/motorcycles and https://vietnam.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=hoi+an

Hope they help you .

Cheers Jack

#5 jackdd789 has been a member since 6/8/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by danangbikes on 6/8/2016 at 05:37

There are plenty of options for motorcycle rent in Da Nang . Actually, renting in Da Nang you can save on the cab ride to Hoi An ($25). But of course this depends on the amount of luggage you have. With a backpack only, this will be a good choice.
You may want to check out www.danangbikes.com . Offering only new bikes at competitive rates.

#6 danangbikes has been a member since 6/8/2016. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.