Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Restriction on lcarrying iquids on VN internl flights

Posted by m4yb on 26/12/2012 at 17:36

Posted from within Vietnam.

A little tip for people on internal flights in VN: pack your liquids in you checked luggage as if on international flight!
In Australia, there is no restriction on carrying liquids, eg a bottle of wine, etc, in your carryon, on domestic flights. Curious about that, I checked VN Airline's website and our etickets prior to flying, no mention of restriction.
Turned up at Tan Son Nhut Airport, HCMC, with my opened bottle of dutyfree rum, some beer and the usual big water bottle in my carry on.
Was picked up at security for the above but luckily was allowed to go downstairs, queue at the checkin counter again and check another bag.
Lesson learnt!

#1 m4yb has been a member since 4/12/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by daawgon on 26/12/2012 at 21:40

I'm really surprised that Australia permits liquids in carry on - are they the only country that does so?

I can tell you one thing - most SE Asian countries are particularly careful when it comes to scissors. I was carrying round-nosed cuticle scissors (hard to break balloons with these), and they were confiscated in Laos, and I'm sure Vietnam would have taken them too.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,130
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.