Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Help - itinerary

Posted by SBKM on 14/1/2013 at 23:27

Hello lovely people,

We land in Hanoi in two days with the intention of travelling down the coast over the next 30 days in order to make our way to Cambodia (not the first people to do this route...)

The issue we have is that we have heard the weather in North and Central Vietnam isn't the best at the moment. Would we encounter better weather along our travels were we to fly straight to HCMC once we get to Hanoi? This way we would travel up to coast back up to the North over a 30 day period and then possibly fly to Cambodia.

With Tet falling during our travels I'm wondering if such a drastic change of plans would really benefit us, would be interested to hear some thoughts!

#1 SBKM has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 14

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/1/2013 at 17:27 admin

I wouldn't change your existing plan -- Hanoi is cold this time of year, but it will still be pretty cold at the end of the month too. Also, as you mention with Tet falling in your travels you may have some challenges rebooking stuff. We have a story covering planning around Tet here.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by travellingsarah on 15/1/2013 at 22:15 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

I agree with somtam. I'm here (Hanoi) and yes, it's cold, wet and miserable but it is unlikely to get much better for at least a month. And you can still enjoy it, despite the weather, and then defrost as you head south.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.