Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Sigon Post Office

Posted by dcuhel on 4/6/2007 at 10:53

Can someone tell me about the HCM City Post office.
Is it Reliable????
Is it Quick??
How much would a 1 Kilo package to the USA be???

Thanks for any help.

#1 dcuhel has been a member since 4/6/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by ernieh on 4/6/2007 at 11:50

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi dcuhel,

Ten days ago, I sent a small package to Canada from HMC via AIR MAIL that weighed 500 grams and it cost about 208,000 dong including packaging. I was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive. 1 kg is about 280,000 dong to Canada/US. (16,000 dong = USD $1)

#2 ernieh has been a member since 21/3/2007. Posts: 49

Posted by CatBa on 5/6/2007 at 19:11

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Vietnamese post office is fairly honest but frequently over optimistic on delivery times.

ALWAYS complete a customs declaration - no declaration and the parcel will not leave VietNam.

Don't seal the parcel until checking with the pos tal clerk.

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by jlunde96 on 7/1/2009 at 05:59

Hi. I sent a package to Ho Chi Minh City and accidentally spelled the name wrong. The Post Office there will not allow the person to pick it up until I contact the Post Office and have it corrected. Does anyone know how to do that or the email or phone number of the HCM City PO so I can correct this problem?

#4 jlunde96 has been a member since 7/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 12/1/2009 at 01:36

For a developing country, I'd give Vietnampost a grade of B+ (their stamps are one hell of a lot nicer than ours - USA). My postcards were delivered PDQ!

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,130
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by ngoaisongmuabay on 1/8/2011 at 13:45

Hello Vietnam,
I have a question myself too.
At beginning of July/2011, I have sent a small package to my relative in Da Nang City by US post office as in express delivery # EM 155166841 US. As the report from US post office, this package has come to Vietnam on July 13/2011 and it is keeping by custom of Vietnam.
As the US post office promise, this package was suppose to reach my relatives in 5 business days but it is now already 1 month, they still not hear anything from it. May I ask how long more waiting for my relative to receive this package? US Post office has suggested that I should request for it returns back to sender but I still want to trust the post office and customs in Vietnam to do the right thing and delivery this package to my relative ASAP.
Please give me the advises.
Thank you and sincerely,

#6 ngoaisongmuabay has been a member since 1/8/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.