Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Any input on my itinerary or questions will be appreciated

Posted by sarahoak24 on 27/1/2013 at 17:23

We are two experienced women travelers and will be travelling in Vietnam for three weeks going from South to North and visiting the following places: HCMC, Ben Tre or Can Tho, Hue, Danang (Hoi An, My Son) , Sapa , Cat Ba Island and Hanoi .

A few questions:
1. If booking a room on line, I want to make sure I am understanding what a double room is. We need two beds, can be two twins or better. Is that a double room. Or if I specfify double, I get one double bed?

2. Is there an efficient way to use public transportation to travel from Sapa to Ha Long Bay without going through Hanoi?

3. Hanoi vs HCMC

Thank you in advance

#1 sarahoak24 has been a member since 19/12/2012. Location: Global Village. Posts: 6
 Send sarahoak24 a private message 

Posted by LolaNguyen on 28/1/2013 at 00:49 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

O.K - the room thing is simple, a double more often than not has two beds, to be on the safe side if booking online then just write a quick note stating the fact that you require 2 beds with your reservation.
2. I'm sure you could get buses from Sapa to Ha Long bay without going through the city, but I imagine it would be a bit of a challenge and may take a lot longer to get from A to B, but I'm sure the scenery would be very rewarding.
Ha Noi or HCMC..Three weeks is plenty of time to incorporate a couple of days in both cities if you could fly in to one and out of the other it would be worth doing, both are an easy flight from Da Nang and offer two different city experiences well worth your time.

#2 LolaNguyen has been a member since 28/8/2012. Posts: 94
 Send LolaNguyen a private message 

Posted by sarahoak24 on 29/1/2013 at 23:19

Thank you - Your answer and other posts have been very helpful. Travelfish rocks!

#3 sarahoak24 has been a member since 19/12/2012. Location: Global Village. Posts: 6
 Send sarahoak24 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.