Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Quick, cheap way to get from Hoi An to Bangkok

Posted by cpelser on 31/1/2013 at 03:02

Hi.

Me and my wife will need to get from Hoi An to Bangkok. I'm struggling to find a relatively cheap, fast way to do this, but I either get expensive quotes, or it takes a long time.

Options:
* A Flight from Da Nang or Hue would be first choice - Does any budget carrier fly this route?
** Night train to HCMC or Hanoi and budget flight - Which way is faster / better? Currently this looks like the best value/time option.

My biggest difficulty is that I can't seem to find a budget carrier that fly either directly, or via HCMC with a short transit time.

Also, should I book the flight now (it will be mid March) or leave it till the week before?

#1 cpelser has been a member since 4/1/2013. Posts: 9
 Send cpelser a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/1/2013 at 03:30 admin

You'll be having to go via Hanoi or Saigon.

Vietjet fly Da Nang to Saigon arriving SGN 6pm and there is an AirAsia flight SGN to BKK at 9:30pm -- that's a pretty good connection after a quick search if I don't say so myself :-)

Also look at combinations with Jetstar and perhaps Vietnam Airlines -- the latter sometimes have good deals when booked in advance -- both fly Da Nang - Saigon.

I'd be booking the tickets now -- assuming your dates are settled, the low cost carriers tend to jack up prices closer to departure.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by cpelser on 31/1/2013 at 03:52

Thanks, I thought so..

Thanks for those budget liners too, I didn't know of VietJet's existence.
I'm basically going to do what you also listed in reply to my itinerary questions here:
https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/indochina/20957_23-days---split-between-vietnam-and-thailand---comments-please

#3 cpelser has been a member since 4/1/2013. Posts: 9
 Send cpelser a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/1/2013 at 21:58 admin

Hi,

Ok glad was helpful - have a good trip :)

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.