Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Last minute questions

Posted by sarahoak24 on 24/2/2013 at 17:03

Hello - will be leaving shortly and just can't get a straight sense, do I need a converter for electronics from USA? Also, is Tang, an instant orange juice available in HCMC? Thanks!

#1 sarahoak24 has been a member since 19/12/2012. Location: Global Village. Posts: 6
 Send sarahoak24 a private message 

Posted by goonistik on 24/2/2013 at 18:24

Many portable electronics such as cellphones and laptops come with universal power supplies that can handle voltages from 100V to 240V. To be sure, you can look at the power supply and see the specs. The specs will be like "100-240V .5A 50/60Hz." Look at the numbers before the "V" to see what voltages the power supply will accept.

You might need a flat prong to round prong adapter to plug in some places.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by LolaNguyen on 24/2/2013 at 19:39 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

An unusual request for sugary E numbers! If it helps yes you can buy Tang in HCMC, you'll need to go in to the Vietnamese stores (the basic ones that sell everything). You can buy it in big brick sized packs and it costs around 80,000VND. If you can't find it there is a vitamin packed alternative you can buy at pharmacies (a bit like Beroca, but more E numbers). Its called Dasmulti, costs around 30,000 for a tube of twenty. I'm ashamed that I know all this!

#3 LolaNguyen has been a member since 28/8/2012. Posts: 94
 Send LolaNguyen a private message 

Posted by Mexi736 on 25/2/2013 at 05:45

Excited to know that "Fly in Fashion" contest have been launched by Optiontown and Vietnam airlines. check the details on Vietnam airline facebook profile. Looking forward to participate. Good luck to all

#4 Mexi736 has been a member since 18/2/2013. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.