Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Airlines flight to Phu Quoc Island

Posted by hotwings on 13/6/2007 at 13:33

I understand there are 2 routes to Phu Quoc island. One from Rach Gia and the other from HCMC. I also read that both flights are significantly more expensive when not purchasing within Vietnam.

Does anyone have an idea on how much it would cost purchasing a ticket outside of Vietnam? Say in Hong Kong or in Cambodia? I would like to purchase the ticket in advance since i hear the flights to Phu Quoc are very popular.

#1 hotwings has been a member since 10/6/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/6/2007 at 08:43 admin

You're correct that they are considerably more expensive purchased outside Vietnam. There's just the one flight a day from Rach Gia, but I believe there are at least six a day from Saigon, so unless Phu Quoc is going to be your very first stop in the country I'd suggest buying it as soon as you get into Vn.

Can't help on price from an agent in HK or Cambodia

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by smartlyndy on 11/7/2011 at 20:47

Hi Somtam
Is this advice still current?

#3 smartlyndy has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.