Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

trekking shoes

Posted by stefanovic on 19/6/2007 at 16:03

Starting from the 6th of july I will be travelling through Vietnam and Cambodia. The following stops are planned:
Hanoi - Halong - Sapa - Hue - Hoi-An - Dalat (?) - Nha Trang - Mui Ne - Saigon - Mekong - Phnom Penh - Battambang - Bangkok
Do you guys think that I need to take my trekking shoes with me? They take so much space and I will probably only do trekkings in Sapa and Dalat. The only thing is that it will be at the peak of the rainy season, so there will probably be leeches.

#1 stefanovic has been a member since 19/12/2006. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/6/2007 at 18:16 admin

hmm, I'd lean towards heavy duty sandals -- something like Tevas -- rather than chunky boots. July will be a bit wet, but it will still be very warm, leaving you with hot, stinky wet socks every day... plus, you'll have to carry the boots for the rest of your trip.

As for leeches, you can get them off with salt or touching them with the lit end of a cigarette -- any brand will do ;-)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.