Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Saigon - Tips please!

Posted by BexTucker on 15/5/2013 at 18:04

Hi,

I am spending a month in Vietnam in a couple of weeks. I am flying into Hanoi and am planning on working my way down to Saigon. I was thinking of spending a week in Hanoi and then visiting a couple of other places on my way down so I don't feel too rushed. does anyone have any suggestions of stops along the way? I was thinking of Hue and Danang, thoughts?

Thank you!

#1 BexTucker has been a member since 15/5/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 16/5/2013 at 10:25

Hanoi, Sapa, Hue, Hoi An, Dalat and Saigon should do it. Avoid road travel as much as possible - train and air.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by GilbertMcDonald on 18/5/2013 at 15:49

My wife and I traveled from Hanoi to HCMC in 2011.

We arrived by air and spent two days in Hanoi then did a two night cruise on Halong Bay,
back to Hanoi then flew to Hue stayed there two nights.
We then traveled to Hoi An by car stayed there four nights
then flew to Nah Trang for three nights.
Flew into HCMC stayed there for a few days, took a few day trips
then went to for a two day tour in the Mekong Delta and then spent four days on Phu Quok.
We then went to Siem Reap for three then back to Saigon for one and left from there.

I regret that we did not go to Sapa or Dalat and a whole lot more, you have to be selective on what you want to do and how much time you have. We only had so much time so what we missed we will see it on another trip hopefully in 2014.

#3 GilbertMcDonald has been a member since 22/11/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 25
 Where has GilbertMcDonald been? 

Posted by tuntravel48 on 23/5/2013 at 23:35

Posted from within Vietnam.

With one month you nearly cover all the highlight destinations of Vietnam. It's seem the itinerary is quite good and you can take it as an draft journey. Remember that (Ha Long Bay, Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc) are the places with beach at front door, So you should consider a trip to Sapa, Mai Chau, Moc Chau (north), or Da Lat (south) both are the mountain area to balance the beach time and the mountain time.

Hope you have an enjoyable trip!

Tuntravel

#4 tuntravel48 has been a member since 20/5/2013. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 13
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.