Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Sim Card

Posted by yeahokaysuure on 21/5/2013 at 23:00

I went to Vietnam last summer and used a Vinaphone sim card fo my iPhone 4s during my trip. When I came back to the US, I took it out and put it in a small pouch. Now in 2 weeks, I'm going to be heading back to Vietnam again for vacation and I was wondering......could I use that same sim card again on my phone?

#1 yeahokaysuure has been a member since 21/5/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by CMBurns on 21/5/2013 at 23:54

I've had Sim cards that stayed active for a full year (or more), and others that died in 6 months, probably depends on the service provider. I usually get Mobi, have not had good experience with Vinaphone. By all means take it and see if it works, be sure to top it up as soon you arrive to keep it alive.

#2 CMBurns has been a member since 17/2/2013. Posts: 3
 Send CMBurns a private message 

Posted by yeahokaysuure on 22/5/2013 at 01:44

Is that so? How long would Vinaphone last?

#3 yeahokaysuure has been a member since 21/5/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by london_micheal on 23/5/2013 at 21:25

Posted from within Vietnam.

@yeahokaysuu-re: If your card is still have money, it alive for 1 years. Maybe, when you come to Vietnam, you can buy another simcard. It's so easy and so cheap.

#4 london_micheal has been a member since 23/5/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.