When making your way south , when you book your train , you now will be charged the same price as the locals , but a kind reminder always book a class with a/c any class without a/c is so hot its unbearable , I booked a upper birth hard for 379k for a slow train to Tamky , although our top speed was 40 mph , it did include meals , the next day of the trip . And although it was a 22 hour trip , and there were faster trains i met the true side of Vietnam , not only the people but the countryside as well . As i make my way around central Vietnam , visiting Hue and Hoi Ann as well as My Son and so on , history here is plentiful . Join me as I take on this Journey of a Lifetime.
There are types of Reunification Express linking the two largest cities in VietNam.
The faster, newer express is the SE series and the older, slower TN.
There are air-con soft-sleeper (4 in a cabin); air-con hard sleeper (6 in a cabin); standard hard-sleeper (6 in a cabin); air-con soft-seated and non-air-con soft-seated and the good old hard-seat.
Food packs+water ares severed 3 times daily and a newspaper with breakfast.
* Tickets for many routes are sold at many counters in the stations, days and months in advance. Buying ticket at the stations is very convenient.
Disabled people, elderly people, children and foreigners can buy tickets at special counters in all stations.
* Return tickets are available for the following destinations: Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, SaiGon, Vinh, Lao Cai and Hai Phong.
* Every station sells tickets through telephone and ticket agents before the train depart.
* Train tickets are sold at all travel agencies in some cities and provinces.
* Luggage transport and freight forward service is available on Reunification Express Train. In Hanoi, contact number +84-(0)-4-9423028.
* In Ha Noi, tickets are sold via telephone and been home delivery.
Tel: +84-(0)-4-825-3949 / +84-(0)-4-825-2770.
#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349