Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Small Islands off Rach Gia: Nam Du archipelago or Hon Tre or Hon Som - anyone been?

Posted by Foolslena on 9/8/2013 at 04:06

Hello everyone,

has anyone been to one of the smaller islands off the coast from Rach Gia ? Their names are Nam Du Archipelago (biggest island: Hon Cu Tron), Hon Som and Hon Tre. There seems to be a daily boat service there from Rach Gia and you find a little - maybe not so reliable - information on the net on a tour around the Nam Du islands and on accomodation in local guesthouses on Ngang Islet belonging to the Nam Du Archipelago. The journey is supposed to be 5 hours although I don't know if this refers to a round trip or one way.

As there are no reviews on the web but only posts by Vietnamese Travel Agencies, Press or Government, I wonder if anyone ever tried going there? Pictures look great and it seems a nice adventure, but maybe it is not so nice as these sources want it to appear? Is this boat service reliable?

Thank you for any reports on these or other small islands in south Vietnam.

#1 Foolslena has been a member since 19/6/2013. Posts: 17

Posted by stever1000 on 11/1/2014 at 22:38

Any recent information?

#2 stever1000 has been a member since 7/1/2013. Posts: 28
 Send stever1000 a private message 

Posted by SoManyMiles on 16/1/2016 at 20:58 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Coverage of the Nam Du islands on Travelfish coming soon!

#3 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 84

Posted by adrianlopez on 29/1/2016 at 03:33

I could found on net the interesting news, perhaps can help you

#4 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Posted by SoManyMiles on 2/2/2016 at 22:25 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Full destination guide on the Nam Du islands is on Travelfish:
including the main island, Nam Du along with Hon Son (Lai Son) and Hai Tac.

#5 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 84

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.