Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Chau Doc to Long Xuyen to Can Tho

Posted by martinomosca on 29/8/2013 at 07:32

Hi there, we are travelling in Southeast Asia, and in the next days we are going to cross the border between Cambodia and Vietnam.
We'll arrive in Chau Doc , in the afternoon, but, really, i don't know if we wanto to stay in Chau Doc, i really preferr spend the night in Long Xuyen . I'm trying to search info about buses between these two cities but i can't. We don't want to travell with a tour operator, and spend 20 min there, and 30 there, and eat just in the restaurant. we are trying to read the Mai Linh web site but i can't understand. Do you know if there are buses or cheap boats who connect Chau doc with Long Xuyen, and Long Xuyen with Can Tho ? And if there are, at which time and for which price? I've read a post where someone talk about a bus at different times from Chau Doc to Can Tho for 55.000 dong, 3 hours, is it till active and for the same price? And can we drop off at Long Xuyen and Drop on the next day with the same ticket?

i really hope to read someone of you soon....

#1 martinomosca has been a member since 29/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by gamehh on 13/9/2013 at 10:24

The bus Chau Doc - Long Xuyen is Phuong trang, or Mai Linh, only one price for ticket. have many bus in one day, about 30 minute/bus

phone phuong trang bus at Long Xuyen: 0763.989999,
phone Mai Linh bus at Long Xuyen (076) 3 922266

but they can not speak english

Times from Chau Doc to Can Tho is 3 hours or more, and ticket price 55k is cheap.

you must buy ticket for Chau Doc-Long Xuyen, and then Lx-Can Tho, if you have 1 night at Long Xuyen

#2 gamehh has been a member since 13/9/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.