Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HCMC to Nha Trang by Train on December 31?

Posted by adz717 on 23/9/2013 at 18:11

If I arrive in HCMC on December 28, will I easily be able to book a train to go to Nha Trang on December 31? Does the trail leave in the morning and get to Nha Trang in the afternoon?

#1 adz717 has been a member since 6/1/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by Geer1 on 23/9/2013 at 19:47

New years isn't a huge local celebration. It is however a busy time with travellers. I would think you could book a train ticket easy enough but if you are picky on what train you want to be on and what kind of seat/berth then you would want to book as soon as possible. There are sites you can book train online if you are worried about it, will just cost a few a little more.

There are multiple trains that leave throughout the day so pick what works best for you. has good info on trains and will allow you to purchase online although as mentioned costs more then if you buy them at the station.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by daawgon on 24/9/2013 at 12:08

The Golden Train is the first class service - cleaner/more comfortable than the state train (you should book ahead with a travel agent in VN)

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,130
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by mikal83 on 16/3/2015 at 08:14

Seat61 is THE only site to use for train travel, we love it

#4 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Send mikal83 a private message   Where has mikal83 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.