Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

ninh binh. cuc phuong national park.

Posted by frere on 4/11/2013 at 10:10

Posted from within Vietnam.

booked KENH GA resort through Agoda. nobody - including the locals - seemed to know where it was and they did not answer the phone over 36 hours. it rang but was not answered. there was no alternative number. as i had taken only petrol and spending money and wasted hours searching it was not my best experience. [no response from agoda] i ended up at the nearby national park CUC PHUONG which is a beauty and the cheapish accommodation was good enough.
if anyone has read this far:
the best budget accommodation is at the entrance to the park, not at the centre.
if travelling by motorbike, [good way to see more than the tourist spots] beware of the maps on the internet which show the road numbers. unfortunately, the numbers are not indicated on the local road junctions. also - the larger vehicle heading toward you will not slow down or vary direction - get ready to hit the verge while you are still in control.
lots of good places to go in vietnam with a little bit of courage and a motorcycle. i have not seen another "ong tay" [westerner] in two months and the area where i live now has some outstanding scenery.

#1 frere has been a member since 27/9/2012. Posts: 28
 Send frere a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.