I have just arrived from Hanoi to Hue this morning, and when I get here i'm informed that there is a big typhoon coming over this Sunday.
I'm supposed to travel to Hoi An tomorrow afterno (the staff at the place where in staying tools me I should do this, becauseif not I will have to wait until Monday to keep on heeding south).
But I don't know where would it be safest to stay another the storm, if here poor at hoi an. Or if would both be the same...
another possibility is to take a train or bus back to Hanoi, where it is supposed to be weaker.
#1 Cata has been a member since 17/9/2013. Posts: 4
Hue is further inland so is likely safer. Both are directly in the center of the path the typhoon is expected to take though.
Heading back to Hanoi is an idea but if possible you could try to get down to Nha Trang and avoid it and its affects altogether. I personally would likely sit put as I would actually be interested in seeing the damage etc but that isn't necessarily the best option.
I am guessing Hoi An isn't going to be as nice a location the first few days after the typhoon. Probably a lot of cleanup to be done.
Just wondering what you ended up doing and if you saw any damage at all. Looks like it ended up going further north then anticipated and died down fairly significantly before making landfall. It sure made a mess of the Philippines though.