Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Buying train tickets at Hue Station

Posted by Foolslena on 3/12/2013 at 06:52

Hello. Does anyone know if it is know possible to buy train tickets at Hue station not departing at Hue? We will enter Vietnam from Laos in Hue and like to arrange onward train travel from there. As we want to stop in Danang and Nha Trang on our way to HCMC, I need to buy tickets for the legs Danang-Nha Trang and Nha Trang - HCMC in Hue. Possible? Seat 61 says its only possible to book for the whole country in HCMC and Hanoi, but I hope this may have changed. Any experience or tip on reliable agency in Hue not charging 40-50% commission. Problem is we travel in high season and are on a tight schedule. Thanks.

#1 Foolslena has been a member since 19/6/2013. Posts: 17

Posted by Foolslena on 4/12/2013 at 07:57

No one any idea?

Maybe an alternative question:

Which reliable agent that offers prebooking for Vietnam trains tickets charges per order rather than per ticket handling fees , i.e. does not inflate the prices for individual tickets in comparison to counter prices? Because if you want to buy more than one ticket and for 2 persons the about 50 % or around 12-20 $ charges many agencies automatically add to the ticket price are fairly steept, given that they would only have the trouble of buying tickets and delivering once. Of course I understand that agents charge commission but why per ticket?

Any hints? Those listed on seat 61 all have very steep per ticket additions it seems.

#2 Foolslena has been a member since 19/6/2013. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.