Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc Bungalow...Beach Club or Mai House

Posted by ladytravelbug on 21/8/2007 at 08:58

My husband and I will be going to Vietnam later this year and are planning on spending the last couple of days on Phu Quoc. Which Bungalows do you reccomend? Beach Club or Mai House? They both look pretty good and Beach Club a bit cheaper, but not sure about how clean, comfortable or how nice the beaches are. Any thoughts?

#1 ladytravelbug has been a member since 20/3/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/8/2007 at 10:15 admin

They're very different places. Beach Club is the more backpacker-orientated place and the British owner is an absolute mine of information about the island. Mai House has more stylish accommodation and lusher grounds, but attracts a more flashpacker/mid-range crowd -- and their prices reflect this. Mai House is also a bit closer to other places.

I stayed at Beach Club for four days when on Phu Quoc, and was more than happy with it. That said, I didn't see Mai House till my last day, and if I'd seen it sooner I think I would have split my time between the two.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.