Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Recommended tour operators

Posted by blackhawk60 on 21/12/2013 at 05:06

Dear all,

I want to join some tours in Vietnam in Febuary like Ha Long, Sapa, Mekong Delta,... Total daily cost should be max. 75USD.

I'm a bit confused regarding the recommendations/ratings. It seems Sinh Cafe = SinhTourist ( is highly recommended here as well as in some books.

Yet they are missing in the series of Ha Long Bay article(s). Also, the tripadvisor rating is close to horrible (this really should be the "right" one and no copycat as indicated by the website and location).

Thus: What are your experiences?

Which other operators do you recommend?

LonelyPlanet recommends Handspan, but they are out of my budget. Also: What about Vega Travel and Ethnic Travel?

I also read the details Ha Long Bay article(s) and my conclusion is: I need a decent mid-range tour but which one?!?!? :)

Thanks in advance!

#1 blackhawk60 has been a member since 21/12/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by daawgon on 22/12/2013 at 18:50

The fact is that you don't need any tour for Vietnam - DIY is just too easy in this country (why double the cost when you can get much better value by a few easy reservations?)

I think you will find that Travelfish attracts the more independent backpacker types.

I plan 90% of my own trips, but I do use local guides in some areas such as Sapa, Mekong Delta, etc.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,129
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.