Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Crossing border information

Posted by Magnusteo on 15/2/2014 at 18:52

Hi everyone!

I am planning my two months trip all around Asia for this summer but I have some problem to find the right information about the crossing border between South-Cambodia and Vietnam.

I would like to go directly to Ho Chi Minh City FROM Sen Monorom by bus/train..is it possible? If not, what can I do? Because I will visit the Elephant Valley Project after PP and I think that going back again to PP would be a huge waste of time.

Thanks in advance!!

#1 Magnusteo has been a member since 15/2/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by LolaNguyen on 22/2/2014 at 22:55 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

The border crossing you are looking for is the Snoul/Loc Ninh crossing, which is a fairly pleasant crossing not too frequented by westerners, but is serviced by quite a modern building with baggage scan and passport stamping office (you'll need to have your Vietnam Visa ready).
There are no trains that do this route and the Vietnam side (to Ho Chi Minh) is a bit of a nightmare as the roads are terrible (still being built). You'd need to find transport to Cu Chi and then go on to HCMC from there - that's the tricky bit and you might find the only option is a motorbike taxi and then to get a bus from Cu Chi, as a guide, it takes about an hour from the border to Cu Chi.

#2 LolaNguyen has been a member since 28/8/2012. Posts: 94
 Send LolaNguyen a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.