Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Opinions on itinery for family with kids age 6 and 9 please.

Posted by oncecalledfred on 19/2/2014 at 10:37

So we have booked flights to VN in April with 6yr old girl and 9 yr old boy. Our plans are:

Ho Chi Minh City for 3 days - Cu chi tunnels and botanic gardens planned.

Then upto Madagui for few days at the resort to include visit to Dambri falls.

Then to Nha Trang for 4 days - no plans yet but I've heard beaches are lovely here???

Then Hoi An for a couple days, we've been for day trip before so will just explore a bit more.

Then Hue for 4 days - no plans as yet.

I've been looking a hotels on Trip advisor and in the rough guide for short list, but if anyone with small children and have been somewhere they would recommend at any of the above locations, I'd really appreciate it. Budget is £25-£30 per night. Planning to get hotel as we travel so gives us more flexibility if we decide to stay somewhere longer or shorter than planned.

Any opinions, advise, ideas are welcomed. I am reading the rough guide but there's not as much information for families. Many thanks

#1 oncecalledfred has been a member since 9/9/2013. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/2/2014 at 18:48 admin

Hi,

We recently ran a story on family-friendly accommodation in Hoi An - you can read it here the first option may fit the bill and is well within your budget.

Hope that helps.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by oncecalledfred on 20/2/2014 at 11:16

Thank you, I've had a look at your link and B'Lan House looks like it'll fit the bill very well and a big bonus that its under our budget too :-) Would you recommend that we book in advance or just turn up?

Just need few more places like this for the other destinations. We've short listed La Jolie Hotel, Hai Long 5, Tan Hai Long 4 and Northern Hotel for HCMC.

#3 oncecalledfred has been a member since 9/9/2013. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/2/2014 at 19:23 admin

If you know what you're dates are going to be I'd drop them en email to seal it up. There are plenty of other places to stay in Hoi An though...

None of the other hotels you mention ring a bell sorry.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by oncecalledfred on 25/2/2014 at 17:29

Thank you, I've booked B'lan as we particularly want the Japanese room.

Thang - thank you for your offer but we've been Halong Bay twice already, time to explore other parts.

#5 oncecalledfred has been a member since 9/9/2013. Posts: 9

Posted by MADMAC on 18/3/2014 at 13:59

Well you've alrready booked, so it's a bit late. I would not have been hitting Vietnam with the kids. I'd have done Thailand. BUT... too late now. Have a good one. hope it works out for you.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by oncecalledfred on 18/3/2014 at 14:41

We've been to VN with the kids before when they were 3 and 5 and they really liked it though we only were in the North, and didn't do so many trips, hence we wanted to explore more areas this time. Think are really excited about it, my main concerns are safety.

#7 oncecalledfred has been a member since 9/9/2013. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.