Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

2 days in Ho Chi Ming City

Posted by Mooncat on 17/3/2014 at 22:14

Arriving into HCMC on Thu 20 March and will be there for 2 1/2 days before bussing over to Phnom Penh . Doing some work in Singapore and have a day and a half work in Phnom Penh so thought I'd try and take as much in during my small amount of time.

Can anyone suggest a private tour guide I can hire for two days to show me around main tourist sites but also some of the commercial areas?

Any "normal" backpackers who want to join me for some sightseeing let me know... gets boring with your own guide.

#1 Mooncat has been a member since 17/3/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by qifitness on 26/3/2014 at 13:05

Contact Saigon Hotpot:

Their guides are students who volunteer their services so they can meet English-speaking visitors.
The service is completely free. You just pay expenses - taxis, entrance fees and lunch. A fantastic 1-1 service.

The guides will not accept tips. If you want to show your appreciation (as everyone does!) just give them a donation for the charities they support.

You will not be disappointed!

#2 qifitness has been a member since 3/6/2012. Posts: 9
 Send qifitness a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.