Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Distric 1 or Distric 7?

Posted by teagenerations on 24/4/2014 at 18:32

Hi All,

I'm going to vietnam alone this May for 4days. I'm still confused where is the nice route and place for me to stay, Distric 1 or 7? Because I've an appointment on Distric 7 in daylight, but I want to stroll around the city at night. Since I'm alone traveller so I'll take a taxi.

#1 teagenerations has been a member since 24/4/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by Ngocanh on 29/4/2014 at 03:50

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, If you take a look at Ho Chi Minh 's map, you can see that district 1 is close to district 7, there also have buses and the bus map ( It's ok for you to stay in district 1, enjoy nightlife, then go to district 7 and return within a day.

#2 Ngocanh has been a member since 29/4/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by JoinPhuc on 28/5/2014 at 22:52

"Hey, my name is Phuc. I'm from Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), Vietnam. I'm a humorous boy with an eagerness to practice English, my English is not good. When you come to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), please contact me. I will be your free tour guide. You will be shown a different Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) which's never been seen on TVs, magazines, books, v.v.v... My phone no. is 0906 776 226, my email is Yahoo: hotro_online113 . skype: vanphuc892010"

#3 JoinPhuc has been a member since 28/5/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 29/5/2014 at 11:40

"Since I'm alone traveller so I'll take a taxi"

You should know that taxi scams in all of Vietnam are a major problem there - do your research about this country, and when you do use cabs, ask your hotel reception for a recommendation.

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,130
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by minhlam on 1/6/2014 at 09:21

Hi tea genaration,
In your case, you should live in district 1, because ditrict 1 is the central of Ho Chi Minh city, where you can visit many famous place, such as: Ben Thanh market, remain war museum, Duc Ba church,... From districh 1 to 7 just 15 - 25 minutes, so it is very easy to go to district 7 by taxi.
Wish you have a nice trip to Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam!
Viet Nam my homeland!
Minh Lam

#5 minhlam has been a member since 31/5/2014. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.