Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Motorbiking the north in May...advisable?

Posted by cbg0927 on 8/5/2014 at 23:58

In Luang Prabang now. Have plans to leave towards Oudomxay tomorrow and up to the Tay Trang border crossing to enter Vietnam. Would love to see Sapa region before heading south. Is it foolish to do this on a motorbike at this time of year because of rain? If Sapa is not advisable, I'd probably head for the Na Mao border crossing instead and skip out on Hanoi/the far north altogether.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice you could offer me!

#1 cbg0927 has been a member since 30/7/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 62
 Send cbg0927 a private message   Where has cbg0927 been? 

Posted by cbg0927 on 13/5/2014 at 07:16

For those that might have the same question, I arrived in Sapa today after 3 nights on the road from Luang Prabang (Oudomxay, Dien Bien Phu , Than Uyen). I got rained on on the stretch between Dien Bien Phu and Than Uyen, but it wasn't too bad that it stopped me from riding.

#2 cbg0927 has been a member since 30/7/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 62
 Send cbg0927 a private message   Where has cbg0927 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.