Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Weather question - central Vietnam October

Posted by dixharp on 3/6/2014 at 06:25

Has anybody spent any time in the central coastal region of vietnam in October? All the guides say this is the time of the highest rainfall, with storms and possibly typhoons.
On a continuum from 1. the old cliche a 20-minute shower once a day then it's fine to 2. chucking it down without cease for weeks on end - how wet is it please?

#1 dixharp has been a member since 3/6/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by Shann999 on 17/6/2014 at 07:15

Posted from within Vietnam.

I live in Da nang and have experienced a lot of weather. The first October there was no rain, the second October there were two Typhoons. Rule of thumb says it is the rainiest time of the year and I think it usually is. It is still pretty warm but it can be wet. Hoi An can flood and all the tour boat operaters have shut up shop by then. If you do still plan to come check out www.inhoian.com for Hoi An info.

#2 Shann999 has been a member since 17/6/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by dixharp on 17/6/2014 at 07:24

that settles it then - we're postponing till March. many thanks for that.

#3 dixharp has been a member since 3/6/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 17/6/2014 at 13:57

Don't expect completely dry weather in March, either, but at least it won't be hard enough to be classified as a typhoon. I spent 11 days in N. Vietnam, and 3 more in Central VN in March '14 - pretty overcast with light rain this year. Weather patterns are changing worldwide these days. I can just say that March in VN is pretty darn awesome, and it remains my favorite month. Late November-early December is also very good, by the way.

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,132
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.