Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Anyone take the Ha Long Cruise With Aclass Junk?

Posted by thailen on 27/7/2014 at 04:26

We're thinking of signing up with WaytoVietnam tour operator for a 2 day/1 night cruise. The price is pretty cheap - $95/per person. The next best price is $125/pp. on a cruise recommended by our hotel. Anyone have direct or indirect experience? The photos look great for both boats, but who knows how accurate they really are?

#1 thailen has been a member since 12/7/2014. Posts: 7

Posted by larsay on 2/8/2014 at 03:50

Posted from within Vietnam.

Impossible to answer without knowing the name of the junk. They go from extra to really bad and photos do not mean much ! One big difference in the price is the quality of the food and the service. I took a junk for 2 days years ago where we had a mountain of rice and nems to eat, ONE small fish for 6 people and, for dessert... 2 oranges sliced in 3 ; the staff was playing cards and I had to get up to help me for a beer after having asked 3 times to no avail. ; a tiny cup of instant coffee for breakfast and when I asked for a 2nd one, 20 000D, which would now be 50 000 !

You want impeccable ? You might check the Dragon Cruises boats on

#2 larsay has been a member since 20/7/2014. Posts: 45

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.