Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Quiet guesthouse/ budget hotel outside old quarter/ city center

Posted by hjulp on 15/10/2007 at 04:50

Family of 5 with 3 kids coming to Hanoi on Nov. 5th, we're looking for a family room in a quiet & comfortable guesthouse/ budget hotel, we are only interested by quiet areas which must be outside old quarter/ city center for example by the west lake, Truc Bach lake or equivalent
quiet and attractive areas (even if a bite far from city center as long as comfort is higher).

Thanks for your advise and review of places you've been and would recommend.

#1 hjulp has been a member since 15/10/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by hoai on 16/10/2007 at 23:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi hjulp,

As a tour guide for years in Hanoi and all over Vietnam, I found out that it's a bit hard to get a quiet and comfortable budget hotels as trafics in Hanoi like crazy some time. However, you may find some like MOD Palace, Army Hotel, ATS hotel. They are ok but staffs are not very friendly, helpful and in rooms decoration are very military style as my clients comment. There is one called Gold hotel in Ngo Quyen street is ok.
I think it would be ok if you stay in a higher floor even in the Old Quarter.

#2 hoai has been a member since 21/3/2007. Posts: 6
 Send hoai a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.