Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Obtaining Vietnam Visa in Bangkok

Posted by zaboo on 17/10/2007 at 22:09

Hi all - anyone have an idea how long it takes to obtain a visa for Vietnam in Bangkok, and how to go about doing it? Also - am looking for recommendations for inexpensive but clean and friendly places to stay in Hanoi. Is it suggested to make reservations beforehand or is it easy to find accommodations on arrival?

thanks much!
ZaBoo

#1 zaboo has been a member since 28/9/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/10/2007 at 07:00 admin

Hi ZaBoo,

You can get the details from the horse's mouth at the Vietnam Embassy website.

Regarding if to book ahead or not, it depends on when you're going and what time you're arriving in Hanoi, but in most cases you'll do fine just finding something upon arrival.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mattocmd on 30/10/2007 at 13:40

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

I went to the Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok (easy to find just look at a map). I went at about 10am and had my visa by 4pm the same day.

The downside to this is that they charged 3000 baht! But it was still very convenient.

I am staying at the Pacific Prince in the Old Quarter. It is $20 a night and very clean. The maids do a great job cleaning the rooms. You could probably get something a little cheaper, but I arrived at about 9pm with nothing lined up. There is a Pacific group kiosk in Hanoi airport outside of baggage claim.

My only complaint is that it is very loud from 8am until about 11pm because the Vietnamese love beeping their horns! But I suppose anywhere in Old Quarter is going to be loud.

#3 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365
 Send mattocmd a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.