Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Where to go on family holiday in March

Posted by Happytraveller67 on 29/1/2016 at 12:15

We are a family of 5 (children are 11, 17 and 19). Have booked 17 days, arriving Ho Chi Mihn on the 18th of March. We have booked two nights to start with at Hotel Rex in HCM and the next 6 nights in Hoi An , Hotel Sunrise or Hoi An Beach hotel. From there we are not sure what to do. Plan to go to Pu Quoc for 6 days on the beach, or do anybody have better suggestions for the beach-part? (Nha Trang, Phan Thiet/ Mui Ne, Whale island...) Would like nice and clean beach and with possibility for snorkeling. Thinking about 2 days to the Mekong Delta as well. Where can we find the best tours, not so touristy. Anybody who would like to give us good suggestions for our trip?

#1 Happytraveller67 has been a member since 29/1/2016. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/1/2016 at 20:31 admin

You may want to take a look at some of the recently updated material on the site for some of the areas you mentioned, notably:
Doc Let, Jungle Beach and Whale Island - in particular Whale Island may be of interest.

We're also just updated our Phu Quoc Island section and also added a few other "new" islands - these are very rustic, but may be of interest. They are Nam Du Hon Son and Hai Tac - see the write-ups on each for more info.

For the Delta, Can Tho while a bit touristy, is probably a great choice as there are a few different floating market trips you can do.

Travel wise, you're starting in Saigon, then (I guess) flying to Da Nang for Hoi An - from there you can train it down to Nha Trang (for Whale Island etc) then train again to Saigon.

Then get a bus from Saigon to Can Tho for a coupla days, then bus and ferry to Phu Quoc and then fly back to Saigon for departure. If you decide to skip the delta I'd fly both ways to Phu Quoc as otherwise you'll lose two days to travel and your time is limited.

Hope that helps!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,015
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by adrianlopez on 29/1/2016 at 20:39

Personally, Phu Quoc sound better, last year i have wonderful honeymoon in there, so it was wonderful place with long-sandy beach and luxury resort. Beside snorkeling, Phu Quoc have scuba diving very famous with professional and helpful guide. Furthermore, Phu Quoc have many delicious foods such as seafood, Sim Wine etc. From Phu Quoc, you can easily catch bus to Mekong Delta and enjoy floating market Cai Be/Phong Dien and try honey tea and coconut candies as well.

#3 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Posted by WillVo on 30/1/2016 at 00:44

Hi Happytraveller677,

About Mekong delta I would like to introduce to My Tho and Ben Tre. You can experience floating market, folk music, fishing village and other culture in the South VietNam easpecially enjoy various tropical distinct fruit that only have in VietNam.

About beach I think Mui Ne Mui Ke Ga is suitable to your family. Here you see rocky beach, rugged coastline as well as Ke Ga ligt house. Noticed that fishing village in the sunset is spetacular you have ever seen in your life. There are a lot of tour provide service in 2 locations I mentioned before.

Hope this post can help you.

#4 WillVo has been a member since 22/1/2016. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.