Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Dalat Questions

Posted by BevB on 2/2/2016 at 06:35

Is Dalat worth the effort of getting there? We would be leaving from HCMC and I am guessing a driver is the best way of getting there? What concerns me the most is the amount of time it takes to get to our next destination Hoi An. Around 17hrs by car. Will we get a driver who is prepared to do such a long trip? PLEASE do not suggest motor bikes, its not an option. If we fly, aside from the crazy cost of it, the flight goes back to HCMC to fly to Danang. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please not tour guides :)

#1 BevB has been a member since 2/2/2016. Posts: 1

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by tramnguyen on 2/2/2016 at 22:02

Yes, I think you definitely need a driver to get to Da Lat and Hoi An if you don't want to be stressful behind the wheel during your trip. For me, Da Lat is popular because of its weather and some sightseeing, and it's not worth if you visit the second time, but for the first time is still a fine option.
Cheers

#2 tramnguyen has been a member since 13/1/2016. Posts: 4

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by SoManyMiles on 2/2/2016 at 22:32 TF writer

Hi BevB,
Vietnam Airlines does a daily direct flight from Da Lat to Da Nang. Cost may be on the high side as there is no competition.

Alternatively, you can fly from HCM to Da Lat (several airlines service this route, including some budget airlines Jetstar and VietJet) and then you can get a bus/private transfer from Da Lat to Nha Trang (3 hours) and take the overnight train or bus to Da Nang.

Hope this helps. Whether Da Lat is worth it depends on what you are interested in. It's popular for motorbike tours through the countryside, waterfalls, coffee and scenery.

#3 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 147

Posted by adrianlopez on 3/2/2016 at 02:20

Hi,
Dalat is wonderful and beautiful place to visit in this season of Vietnam. Romantic land with many beautiful flowers, you can take photos. Furthermore, if you want to save money, you can use Vietjet air which is cheapest filght in Vietnam to travel, if not you can rent a driver to make sure your itinerary

#4 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Posted by Emery on 3/2/2016 at 20:05

Hi Bev,

If you go to ?à L?t, drop in at One More Café.
Lorrelle, the owner, and her customers are ?à L?t savy.
Great food too.
Be sure to go to ?m Th?c restaurant. At A8 Phù ??ng Thiên V??ng, ?à L?t it is a bit far but worth it. Very Vietnamese.
T?t is on the 8th of February. It is difficult to find a place to stay in ?à L?t during T?t.
During T?t you should have reservations.

#5 Emery has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.