Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

2 1/2 weeks: Angkor Wat & Vietnam

Posted by Calnyaz on 4/2/2016 at 16:16

Hello,

I have booked flights from the uk to Bangkok mid August - end of August. I have an itinerary in mind which I have shared below, I'd like to hear your views/advise/suggestions on my plan!?

Day 1 arrive in Bangkok 12:30am
Day 1 fly to Siem Reap 1:30pm
Day 2 Siem Reap
Day 3 fly to somewhere in Vietnam near nha trang (not sure which airport)
Day 4 -6 nha trang
Day 7 get to Hoi An (not sure if best method)
Day 8,9,10,11 & 12 at hoi an/ hue/ Bach ma national park
Day 13 get to Hanoi (not sure of best method)
Day 14 Hanoi
Day 15 halong bay
Day 16 fly back to bagkok

Any advice welcome!

Thanks Callum

#1 Calnyaz has been a member since 4/2/2016. Posts: 1

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by adrianlopez on 5/2/2016 at 02:43

I think you should fly to Hanoi, then fly to HCMC and travel Nha Trang will be better.

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by AKT on 5/2/2016 at 07:49

While I don't know your preferences, I would suggest that just one day for Siem Reap seems not enough.

#3 AKT has been a member since 28/11/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/2/2016 at 02:44 admin

A couple of thoughts:

I'd consider dropping either Cambodia or Nha Trang as otherwise you'll need to fly all the legs to fit this in with any comfort.

*) Your closest airport will be Saigon, from where you can get a connecting flight to Nha Trang.
*) Then fly Nha Trang to Da Nang and backtrack to Hoi An
*) Four days to cover Hoi An, Hue and Bach Ma is pretty much not possible, especially once you factor in travel times. Pick Hoi An or Hue & Bach Ma.
*) Fly onwards to Hanoi

Some of this you could do by overnight trains rather than flights (eg Saigon to Da Nang and Da Nang to Hanoi) but I really think look at skipping at least some of it.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.