Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Booking Coach out of Vietnam

Posted by jimbojh on 10/2/2016 at 08:28

Hi,

I am travelling to Vietnam in June and plan to stay there for about 3-4 week before moving on to Cambodia. The travel agent we booked our one way flight with told us we would need to book on going travel before leaving for Vietnam as they sometimes pull you up at the border and ask for this.

Now I have seen that you can bus from Ho chi minh city to Phnom Penh but I cannot find where you would book this in advance as it look like something you would book a few days before you travel? Any ideas because Ideally I dont want to book a flight out of Vietnam that will ultimately be wasted?

#1 jimbojh has been a member since 9/12/2014. Posts: 10
 Send jimbojh a private message 

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/2/2016 at 03:24

Check out https://12go.asia
Haven't used it personally, but others have reported it to be a good reliable service.
They book the ticket and email you a confirmation PDF file that you print out as "proof" of onward travel.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by adrianlopez on 15/2/2016 at 03:28

As i know you don't need to book bus before travelling, you can buy ticket at station.

#3 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Posted by beckerbao on 15/2/2016 at 04:57

in Vietnam you can not booking online for bus. You can go to Ben Thanh bustop and ask to book a bus ticket from Ho Chi Minh to Phnompenh. Or you can go to Pham Ngu Lao street there are a lot of travel agent there to book.

#4 beckerbao has been a member since 15/2/2016. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 3
 Send beckerbao a private message 

Posted by jimbojh on 15/2/2016 at 05:05

Thank-you for replies...

If I cannot book a coach online as some of you are saying... how would I make this proof of onward travel before I arrive?

#5 jimbojh has been a member since 9/12/2014. Posts: 10
 Send jimbojh a private message 

Posted by beckerbao on 15/2/2016 at 05:15

you can google "bus from saigon to phnom penh". This is from TripAdvisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k3717600-Phnom_Penh_Ho_Chi_Minh_Buses_The_best_and_the_worst-Cambodia.html

I hope it helpful.

#6 beckerbao has been a member since 15/2/2016. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 3
 Send beckerbao a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.