Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HCMC for a day, what to do?

Posted by savorygal on 23/2/2016 at 01:51

Hi travel fishers,
Vietjet airlines has just changed my flight time so now I will be in HCMC for 9 hours without a plan. I am arriving on the train station, from Hue, at 5 am. Fight leaves at 2 pm ( domestic) to Phu Quoc.

Any suggestions on what I could do? I'm stumped. I will have my bags with me, so I'm not up for traversing the city on foot.

Thanks so much

#1 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 176
 Send savorygal a private message   Website 

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by adrianlopez on 24/2/2016 at 02:01

You can visit Vung Tau nearby Ho Chi Minh city.

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Want2BHappy on 24/2/2016 at 16:43

Book and pay a hotel for the night before and tell them you will arrive very very late.

When you get to Saigon, go to hotel. Dump bags, freshen up. Go out to see the early morning city. Get some breakfast. See some sights. Back to hotel to pick up bags and checkout. Taxi to airport.

#3 Want2BHappy has been a member since 23/2/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 84
 Send Want2BHappy a private message   Where has Want2BHappy been? 

Posted by RosyN on 25/2/2016 at 04:08

If your bag is not too heavy, you can carry it with you. For 9 hours, just stay around HCM, try some local street food!

#4 RosyN has been a member since 17/2/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by savorygal on 25/2/2016 at 05:09

Thanks everyone, we did check into a hotel, shower & wander a bit. I had just spent 3 days there earlier in the month & had eaten my share of great street food and had seen many sites.

#5 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 176
 Send savorygal a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.