Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Taxi or scooter for 6 months in HCMC

Posted by dooky on 29/2/2016 at 08:34

Hi all,

I will be staying in Ho Chi Minh City for 6 months with 2 classmates. We have app. 7-8 km from the apartment to where we will work, but is unsure if we should make some sort of taxi arrangement or if we should rent a scooter and go on our own.

The implications of being involved in an accident looks a bit severe with high prison sentences.

Does anyone know what a trip by taxi from district 2 to district 9 (8 km) will cost? Perhaps some sort of permanent arrangement if possible.

Thanks alot for your help.

Best,
Michael

#1 dooky has been a member since 29/2/2016. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by adrianlopez on 29/2/2016 at 20:58

As i know, taxi's cost is VND10.000-12.000/km but price can be raise if you don't how much you have to paid exactly. Personally, i always use Uber or Grap when i need taxi to transfer. With 2 taxi companise, i really don't need care about price because they have price the cheapest comparing with other the branches. You can read more at: https://www.grab.co/vn/en/

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.