Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Book now or in Vietnam

Posted by Annielay on 7/3/2016 at 22:44

We will be in Vietnam in June for about 3 weeks. Can anyone advise me whether it is better to book Ha Long Bay tours from home or better value when we get to Hanoi for a trip 3 days later? Is it leaving it too late to book for travel in the next few days? We also want to book Sapa tours and other flights to Da Nang etc but I am a bit confused as to whether I should have it all organised from home or wait until we get there for the extra choices and probably better value. Thanks.

#1 Annielay has been a member since 23/6/2014. Posts: 17

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by adrianlopez on 8/3/2016 at 21:02

As i know, June is consider as travelling season in Vietnam, so i think you should book tour Halong before you go to avoid crowds and rasing price. Sapa and Danang sound good, but i recommend to Danang because Vietnam is hot on June, visiting beach will best way.
Happy travels!

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by milobon on 9/3/2016 at 20:24

With 3 weeks in Vietnam you have too much time to make a trip Hanoi - Halong - Sapa then back to Hanoi to take flight to Da Nang- Hoi An- Hue - Sai Gon - Mekong delta and around.
June is the Summer and also high season in Vietnam, so you should book all in advance to avoid full of bookings.

Have a nice trip!

#3 milobon has been a member since 26/2/2016. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 2
 Send milobon a private message 

Posted by vbeck on 15/3/2016 at 01:28

[url=mailto:'@MILOBON]'@MILOBON[/url]
Even I know that June is at the bottom of the LOW season with 530.000 visitors.
Next lowest is May 576.000 Compared to February 833,000 and January 805.000
We have made 12 trips to Vietnam never once have we booked in advance.never once have any of the tours been booked out.
With the "walk in'' price so much cheaper that the on-line price.

#4 vbeck has been a member since 22/12/2013. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.