Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam - few questions about our itinerary

Posted by Jakub on 17/4/2016 at 06:08

Hi,

I have few questions about Vietnam itinerary. We have about 10-14 days.

Is Hanoi or HCM better city to look around, visit some night clubs/rooftop bars? (we live in Bangkok btw)

1) Hanoi - arrival 1/5 at 8:30am
- one day in Hanoi

2) Halong Bay 2/5 in the morning
- mini/shuttle bus 6-12 usd p person - where to buy?
- overnight hotel, then 1 night cruise
- bus to Sapa : departs 4/5 5:30pm

3) Sapa: arrival 6am 5/4
- Sapa tour - should I buy online or in Hanoi or in Sapa?
- how many days in Sapa?

4) Da Nang by plane and continue Hoi Na by bus

- worth to stay Da Nang one night?

?) Worth to go Nha Trang / Dalat?

5) Ho Chi Min
- to see: Mekong Delta, Cu Chi Tunnels? something else?

Thank you very much!

#1 Jakub has been a member since 6/10/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by Robprrtt on 18/4/2016 at 02:08

Hi
You should spend 2 days or more in Sapa and enjoy trekking tour in there, you should overnight at local people to enjoy culture and dishes there. Danang is beautiful places with amazing beach and resort, so you should spend there one night and go to Nha Trang. Further, you spend 2 days in HCMC and 2 days in Mekong Delta, enjoy street foods in HCMC and floating market in early morning in Mekong Delta.
Happy travels!

#2 Robprrtt has been a member since 28/3/2016. Posts: 17

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by antoniamitchell on 18/4/2016 at 04:09

Hi, I think you're trying to cram far too much into 10-14 days.

Hanoi is a great city for wandering, and really deserves more than a day, especially as you won't even have a full day (your flight may land at 8:30, but by the time you'very delayed, gone thru customs, gotten into town and checked into your accommodation, it will be late morning.)

Distances are long and transport is often not that comfy, and is tiring. The overnight trip to sapa may save you spending a full day on a train, but you're unlikely to arrive feeling refreshed and ready to hike, so you're going to want a day of taking it easy and just having a look round tge town, before you start any hiking routes.

At the pace you're trying to set, you'll spend half your vacation in transport - not only exhausting, but "buses I have known" is a crummy title for your vacation movie or photo album!

With only 10-14 days, stick to one region, either the north or the south. In ten days, you could do Hanoi, sapa and Halong Bay, for instance. If you've got 14 days, you'll have time to add danang and hoi an.

Have a great trip!

#3 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 546
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Jakub on 19/4/2016 at 03:43

I plan to take overnight bus directly from Halong to Sapa, which should save some time.

#4 Jakub has been a member since 6/10/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by Helendang on 20/4/2016 at 03:42

Hi,
For one day in Hanoi , I think you can enjoy the city by walking around the Old Quarter, visit Hoan Kiem Lake and then enjoy the street food tour and the night market. I recommend you to enjoy some street foods in the walking streets in the Night Market and enjoy traditional music for free. Then you can stay one more day to see other symbols of Hanoi, experience and enjoy like locals by taking motorbike tour, which is the main means of transport in Hanoi. To be honest, Hanoi really worths visiting more than one day!
Enjoy your holiday!

#5 Helendang has been a member since 15/4/2016. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 7
 Send Helendang a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.