Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam beaches or Thailand ?

Posted by Gnmoll on 26/5/2016 at 10:46

my husband and I plan to

Spend 3 months in Vietnam starting in January . We had wanted to spend a month on the beaches. I

Heard that you can't swim or eat the seafood due to some chemical spill. I'm now thinking we should spend our beach time in Thailand. Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed.

#1 Gnmoll has been a member since 26/5/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by missamandalim on 26/5/2016 at 21:41

As I know, Vietnamese government affirmed that the beach and the seafood are safe, so I think you should nor worry about that. You can visit and enjoy an amazing beach there . You can book tour to travel Danang or Phu Quoc,

#2 missamandalim has been a member since 13/5/2016. Posts: 17

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by daawgon on 27/5/2016 at 15:18

For Vietnam, the trouble with winter is the weather on the East (S. China) Sea at that time. Phu Quoc Island is the best because it's actually off the coast of Cambodia, and not on the East Sea at all. I recommend that you start off in Thailand, and then move on to Vietnam in late February. The beach at Bai Xep (Quy Nhon) was ideal this past March - unspoiled and very clean water and beach. I stayed at the little, 4-room Haven Vietnam, and would return in an instant.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159
 Send daawgon a private message   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.